KONJUNGATE is a cryptocurrency designed to change the way of art funding.. It is based on the cyber novel MACHFELD written in 1999 by Michael Mastrototaro. Strangely, the main character of the book is called Nakamoto and thus resembles the pseudonym of the BITCOIN inventor Satoshi Nakamoto. What a coincidence, right? Anyway.
In his cyber novel, Mastrototaro describes the mining of KONJUNGATE 9 years before Bitcoin appears on the cryptocurrency horizon.
Now 20 years after publishing the novel online, KONJUNGATE appears as a Media Art project aiming to decentralize the funding of international contemporary artists and art organisations and to make a strong artistic statement in times of budget cuts.
How does it work?
During the creation of the KONJUNGATE blockchain, 1,25% of the total digital assets were premined. This amount of tokens will be used as an initial fund for distributing tokens to a wide range of international art organisations, to support contemporary artists and as registered capital for the charitable MACHFELD-Foundation (currently in establishing stage) which will ensure further distribution of tokens in the future. Its task is to ensure value security by means of art purchases.
We will expand the Konjungate project to include customized smart contract solutions for the art market in our blockchain. Focusing to the needs of auction houses, galleries, and copyright issues. A smart contract is a computer protocol intended to digitally facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract. Smart contracts allow the performance of credible transactions without third parties. These transactions are trackable and irreversible.
Proponents of smart contracts claim that many kinds of contractual clauses may be made partially or fully self-executing, self-enforcing, or both. The aim of smart contracts is to provide security that is superior to traditional contract law and to reduce other transaction costs associated with contracting.
We are pleased to announce that Michael Mastrototaro will present the multiple media art project KONJUNGATE during the
"Carthage International Theater Fesival" in Tunesia in the Workshop
"Resources Mobilisation Info day" for the MENA region.
December 14, 2019
50 Ave Habib Bourguiba,, Tunis
8,30-9,00: Registration of participants
9.00-10.00: Opening remarks
• Mr. Hatem Derbal, Director, Theatrical Days of Carthage - JTC (Tunisia)
• Ms. Ouafa Belgacem, Executive Director, Culture Funding Watch (Tunisia)
Corporate Social Responsibility:
state of affairs, issues and perspectives Speakers:
• Mr Youssef Bechaouch, Head of the CSR and Digital Solidarity Department, Orange Tunisia
• Ms. Yousser Achich, UBCI
• Zied Kadhi, Key Consulting
• Myriam Sanhajji, Vermeg
Moderator: Ouafa Belgacem CEO Culture Funding Watch
11.00-11.20 Coffee break
11,30-13,30 Presentation of funding programs
• Machfeld Foundation, (Austria), Michael Mastrototaro)
• International Fund for Cultural Diversity, UNECO (Paris)
• Toussaint, Bang Award Foundation, (Turkey), TBC
• Afrikayna, Morocco,
• Arab Culture Fund (Lebanon), Heba Hagefelder (TBC)
• Kamel Lazaar Foundation (Tunisia), Moez Mrabet
• Rambourg Foundation (Tunisia), Nesrine Limen
• Creative Europe Desk Tunisia (Tunisia), Mrs. Hazar Hichri, and Ms. Kmar El Molk Naouar
• Ms. Ouafa Belgacem, CEO, Culture Funding Watch (Tunisia)
• Mr. Nassim Groum, Tfanen program (TBC), Tunisia
• Orange Foundation, (TBC), Tunisia
• UBCI Foundation, (TBC) Tunisia
• Tunisia Telecom (TBC), Tunisia
• UIB (TBC), Tunisia
Thanks to the great support of the Ministry of Culture of Tunisia
WE HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE
80% OF OUR PREMIND COINS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED DURING CALLS FOR ARTISTS, CALLS FOR ART ORGANISATIO AND IN FORM OF MEDIA ART INSTALLATIONS REALIZED BY MACHFELD (SABINE MAIER & MICHAEL MASTROTOTARO)
The premined tokens will also be used to establish the MACHFELD FOUNDATION
which will support contemporary Artists and art organisations in the near future.